Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby clothes quilt >

Baby clothes quilt

Baby clothes quilt

Old 08-19-2012, 04:49 PM

Default Baby clothes quilt

I am making a quilt for a young mother that i have known for 15 years, she is friends with my daughters. I have all of the clothes cut into blocks with the stabilizer, and because they are baby clothes ranging in size from newborn to 2toddler, I was not able to make the blocks all the same size. At first I thought I would put sashing between the blocks and just quilt the sashing. But now I wonder if I should sew the blocks together and quilt lightly on the blocks. Would it be difficult to quilt though the blocks on a domestic sewing machine? Thanks!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Is your backig light
Are the cloths heavy or bulky
need more first
Old 08-19-2012, 05:03 PM

The clothes are mostly knit, backed with pellon 906. I have been able to successfully machine applique the buttonhole stitch some of the cute little parts of the clothes that were too small for a block. But I'm not too sure how hard it would be to quilt with the top, batting and backing.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by BarbaraA View Post
I am making a quilt for a young mother that i have known for 15 years, she is friends with my daughters. I have all of the clothes cut into blocks with the stabilizer, and because they are baby clothes ranging in size from newborn to 2toddler, I was not able to make the blocks all the same size. At first I thought I would put sashing between the blocks and just quilt the sashing. But now I wonder if I should sew the blocks together and quilt lightly on the blocks. Would it be difficult to quilt though the blocks on a domestic sewing machine? Thanks!
Hi barbara, You have given fantastic gift ideas for my elder sister, because she has new born baby. So now I have to make beautiful quilt for my sister baby. I really thankful to you.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:41 PM

Homemade baby clothes are best option to wear to the baby. It is best idea because it is cheaper than market and also good in quality and best fitted main thing is you can sew baby clothes as you want in design or pattern. I like this idea very much.