Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock machines against any others >

Baby Lock machines against any others

Baby Lock machines against any others

Old 07-28-2010, 06:31 AM

This is my dilema. I love my 630 with all the goodies. BUT..I am seeing in ads, mostly the baby lock, but I know ads can be confusing. In the Baby Lock embroidery/sewing it shows that if you want to run a continious embroidery sequence down the sides of a item, it can be done without a hoop. This is what I want to do more then anything, especially in making really special gifts that are a bit more .. whatever a bit more is. I have seen several embroidery designs that would really look so lovely in the center border of a three border quilt. Is anyone aware of this or is it still going to be the "remove hoop, reposition, stitch and so on.? Since I can not afford the $10,000 Berninia 830.... I cannot justify trading in for something that cost triple what I paid for my very first car.

Sorry about my last and confusing message. But I really appreciated that gentle quilter that managed to figure it and give me an answer. You have all been blessings to me. Now I have to go find something that will get in trouble...
Old 07-28-2010, 06:52 AM

Lots of machines have what is called a "continuous hoop" which can be used to do borders easily. I have one for my Brother Innovis 4000D. The top part of the hoop is hinged so that you can slide the fabric along very easily to reposition it for the next section. The designs, of course, cannot be very wide (not sure exactly how wide mine is) because they are designed for just what you are wanting to do.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Keep your 630. It's a killer machine, and can do anything the rest of them can do.

I did a comparison of embroidery on the 630 and the 830 last year.

http://www.createdbycj.com/tinkle-ti...-part-one.html

While the 630 doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the 830, it does stunning embroidery, and is just hands down an awesome machine.

You can do borders! I know rehooping is a bit of a hassle, but most things like that are, even with the machines that make it more simple.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM

you got me! I am not really made any committment one way or the other.. I totally enjoy my 630 and considering I have had next to "none" when it comes to the mastery classes", I have pretty much been winging it. Fortunately I do have a friend that worked for the no longer existing lqs. and she brings her lap top and tatting stuff that I made up for her and we have a time frame for mastery lessons and then tatting time for mastery lessons. win/win all the way around. I think she will using double shuttles before long. I won't,, because I can fumble perfectly with just one.

Thanks. That was one of the best over all complilations (?) of a vs b that I have seen on any machines.