Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Lock on sale, do you suggest I buy one? >

Baby Lock on sale, do you suggest I buy one?

Baby Lock on sale, do you suggest I buy one?

Old 01-07-2017, 08:13 PM

I have 2 Babylocks, my Unity stays in her table unless I'm going to an embroidery class, my Elizabeth is my piecing machine if I'm embroidering on my Unity and Elizabeth goes to any non embroidery classes etc. I love my Babylocks!
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 AM

I use a Babylock Serenade and love it. You can't go wrong with a Babylock. Look at the features of the machines and choose which does what you need it to do for you.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:04 AM

I have Rachael and Katherine, love them both. I take Rachael to classes because of its lightweight and compactness. I got Katherine to replace my HV Designer I that is having electronic issues. Will never have another HV. I got my Rachael for $399 at my local shop, $499 is the regular price I found everywhere. It is still a good purchase, regardless of the price.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:12 AM

I, too, have the Babylock SofiaII machine. I bought it to travel with, as it is a lightweight compared to my other machines. LOVE IT.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:48 AM

I love my Baby Lock machine, but it is a top of the line one. Several thousand dollars. I don't know about the cheaper ones but am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I had a Brother that I paid $2000 for. No comparison to the more expensive Baby lock. The brother and Baby lock are made by the same company.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
Someone suggested purchase one if you need a backup machine. It is always nice to have a backup in the event your primary machine needs servicing. You really don't want to be without a machine very long.
I just went through this with my Husqvarna Sapphire 835! It was a very painful week and a half. When I went to pick up my "baby" I picked up a year end Babylock BL-9 for $99 for the next time my HQV needs a checkup.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:02 AM

What features are on your needs and wants list? Personally I'd save up for a large throat machine which makes the quilting phase so much more appealing than wrangling and shoving a quilt through a regular size throat . A large throat machine will also have thread cutter and other features I desired in my move-up model.

However, if you just need a backup machine and don't plan to make bigger quilts, those are good prices on Babylock. Just remember there will alyways be a sale. Don't rush your decision . Find the 3 or 4 features you really want that you don't have, then be patient for a deal. It'll be worth it.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 AM

I think you should always buy the most machine you can afford..... I love my Babylock Destiny.... from now on. Babylock will be the only machine I ever purchase. Good luck on your decision.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:59 AM

I have a Babylock Ellegante and a Babylock Sophia II. Love them both. My Ellegante is great. I have an extension table and the machine does embroidery too. I've had it nearly 10 years. But it is too big to take to classes, camping, etc. So last year I bought the Sophia. Also does embroidery, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles that my Ellegante does. Still it's a great machine. I paid $700 for it but I've seen them in sale for $400.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:48 PM

Babylock has great machines, I suggest buying the most machine that is affordable to you, you will grow into all the features.