Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby Minkee blankets..... need tutorial for kit...

Blog Entries
    Craft Warehouse has a 40% off one item sale on til Jan. 30 or 31. I just bought a cute minkee (I think that's what they're called) kit to make a gift for a baby boy due in May. Forgot to look at how it was made! There are 2 brown solids, 1 orange solid, and 1 jungle pattern fabric included. Help!!

I don't know about the pattern but I have a tip for you. Do not press your seams until you try it out first on a scrap. The bumps pressed out on a baby quilt I made with fabric purchased at Jo-Ann's. I still gave it as gift but what a bummer!

Blog Entries
    Is this for a throw or a pieced blanket? How much fabric did they give you of each color, also are they all minkee or did they mix other types of fabric, for a texture variable? If you do a search from their site, I believe they have a sewing/learning center that tells you what to do with a kit. Hope the site can help a little.

You would think they would have customer service you could call and ask about the pattern. Maybe they would send it to you along with a picture.

I have done 8 total minkees as gifts. I used the spray baste and flip method. It is then all quilted and put the binding on with the machine, using a zigzag or other stitch. It buries in the minkee and hides any mistakes.

Blog Entries
    Of course!!! They do have directions for making the blanket online. Now I can get started making it... Thanks to you and Pam H!

Blog Entries
    Hopefully my blanket will turn out okay... but if not, I never give up trying! When I served my hubbie my concoction of Chinese food the last time, he just shook his head and said "Most people would give up after a while".....

Was the pattern supposed to be a separate order? I would ask if I were you. Youmay have to purchase it separately, but I would think it would have been included

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltylady
    I have done 8 total minkees as gifts. I used the spray baste and flip method. It is then all quilted and put the binding on with the machine, using a zigzag or other stitch. It buries in the minkee and hides any mistakes.
    Quiltylady - for the binding on your minkee quilts, do you use more minkee for the binding or a regular woven fabric for binding? Thanks.

Shannon fabric makes minky and has patterns on their site.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast