Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby quilt label >

Baby quilt label

Baby quilt label

Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 AM

Default Baby quilt label

I am just about finished with a baby quilt for a friend's first grandson - the parents haven't picked out a definite name, and i want to finish it and label it before the baby is born. The grandparents will be travelling to the west coast for the birth (and take care of a very active 2 year old girl) before the birth, and the quilt will be used to take the newbie home. (november due date). What is the wording I can do on the quilt. "Made with love by XXXXX, Seaford DE, 2013" seems so vague. Neither the grammie, nor the mom have any sewing skills, so the label will put on the quilt way before he (Ryan/Kevin/Aaron/???) arrives. What have you all done in a circumstance like this?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 AM

Leave a space on the label for the baby's name and birth date. When you send the quilt, include a Pentel Gel Roller for Fabric for them to write the name and birth date of the baby (4.99 at Hobby Lobby and cheaper with the 40% off coupon). I have done this by putting on Name:_________________________ and Birthdate:__________________.
lines on the label after I put the name of the quilt, the year it was made and where it was made. Included: For the Proud Parents Jim and Susie of their precious new baby:
Etc.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Pixies Rule website has just added some really baby quilt labels, and they're only $1 each.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

I have put labels as short as.....made withT.L.C. By__________ and then the date.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:48 PM

How about "Welcome to the World" and include the parents names on the quilt?

I made two quilts for my DGS - both had both names of his parents on the label, as well as his first and middle names. Mom and Dad couldn't make up their mind which last name to use. I didn't get involved...both are happy with the baby quilts and thrilled with their darling boy. And that's what matters!
Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

I have made them with the last name and the year.