Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Baby Quilt Pattern needed... >

Baby Quilt Pattern needed...

Baby Quilt Pattern needed...

Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 AM

Location: Austria, but spent a year in the States and fell in love with the country <3

Thanks everyone for the warm hello!!
I already feel home here :-)

And thank you for showing me your baby quilts - I love to see your work!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 AM

too many colors or too close in color or too busy? never herd such a thing in a baby quilt. it will help stimulate the brain. :-) I would do what you want with the colors and patterns. But I will say this, if you want it to be used, the simpler the better when it comes for a baby quilt. unless you know the mommy well and she knows that you made it to be used. there are many mommies that don't want the blanket to get ruined. I have a few knitted blankets that I will be pulling out for my kids in a couple of years when i know that they wont destroy them to bits. (mostly because the wonderful ladies who made them would be hurt that they were torn to bits by kids.) my kids are a little rough on things.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:16 AM

Location: Austria, but spent a year in the States and fell in love with the country <3

I just don't want it to be uneasy for the baby in any way, like, too many patterns/colors etc.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:59 AM

http://www.quiltmag.com/category/resources/page/9/
Old 08-25-2010, 04:50 PM

I love quilt blocks but I've always been to impatient to do a quilt with lots of blocks. I've just found my new passion. I pick one block I like (usually 4 patch or 5 patch) and use that one block for a huge block, usually about 36" x 36". Then I add borders to hit the 45" x 60" crib quilt size. I am having a ball playing with colors and patterns. I've made two ANNIE'S CHOICE (imagine that!), one WHIRLPOOL, one SISTER'S CHOICE, one TRAILING STAR, and one cheater IRISH CHAIN.

One big advantage to doing one big block is that I can use fabric with bigger designs. You might find a state block, or maybe even a block with your name or your kid's name to use.