Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baby Quilt Sizes

Can anyone tell me what the tipical size for a baby quilt is? Not a crib quilt, I know that one lol.. Thanks for all your help

My answer to that question is......"any size you want to make them!" How can you make a quilt a specific size? Of all the quilts I have made, probably no 2 are the same size. When they told me there were no quilt Police, I believed them. Make them the size you want them to be.

June in Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by june6995
    My answer to that question is......"any size you want to make them!" How can you make a quilt a specific size? Of all the quilts I have made, probably no 2 are the same size. When they told me there were no quilt Police, I believed them. Make them the size you want them to be.

June in Cincinnati
    Amen. Babies don't stay the same size.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I make "newborn quilts" about 38 square. Otherwise, it's whatever size it turns out to be. I personally think crib quilts are too big - unless that is the official crib quilt. Nobody needs two that size.

Since baby quilts are really used as floor mats, I usually think about what area of the floor it's going to be used in, and the size that will fill that space best. I've used mats that are about 35" square to 50" square, depending on where we are.

MTS
    Banned
    drats - double post

MTS
    Banned
    As long as one measurement is under 40" ..... so I don't have to piece the back. :-)

Blog Entries
    40" X 60" are what I usually make, that way they last a while longer as they grow :D:D:D