Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Baby on the way!!!!!!

Baby on the way!!!!!!

I just found out a very dear friends daughter is having a baby in Sept!!!!!!! I have made a million baby quilts but am thinking about trying my hand at a diaper bag.....does anyone have a good pattern?

Blog Entries
    Any bag with plenty of pockets. There is a quilters tote sorry onto now location. Enjoy making the bag.
    Finished is better than a UFO

My daughter made this one and it turned out super cute!

http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/ga...ma-diaper-bag/
    Lori - MamaBear

Try the large Bow Tuck bag.........has lots of room

delma

When my son was smaller, I liked a small backpack for a diaper bag. I was given a very nice diaper bag but barely used it because it was so bulky. I know several others who also liked backpacks. So you might try feeling out the prospective mother or grandma about that first and see if she would get much use out of one. I do like the one that Mama Bear linked too, though. It doesn't look so much like a diaper bag.

Now that my son is older, I carry a small pack of wipes and a couple of extra diapers in my purse. My purse is pretty big, though.

thanks for all the hints.....I do have some awesome baby boy fabric....yes, she is having a little boy!, so I know there will be a quilt in his future. Might hold off on the diaper bag until I get an idea from Grandma!

Quote Originally Posted by jodimarie View Post
    I just found out a very dear friends daughter is having a baby in Sept!!!!!!! I have made a million baby quilts but am thinking about trying my hand at a diaper bag.....does anyone have a good pattern?
    I fake it. Make it big with plenty of pockets, some of which are zippered in case the parent wants to throw in a billfold or other valuable.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Nice pattern, Lori! Thanks for sharing that one.
    phranny ~ I cannot call my day complete. 'til needle, thread, and fabric meet.

The Professional Tote makes a nice diaper bag. It has pockets on the inside, front and back, and on the sides. It looks complicated to make but if you take one line at a time it is easy to do.

When my kids were little I had a huge diaper bag for keeping in the van and a small tote bag for taking a couple diapers, travel pack of wipes, change of clothes in with me wherever I was going. I made lots of these smaller ones as shower gifts. They were always used and liked. I always had a pocket on the front that I put the baby's name on. Denim was a very popular fabric for the body of the tote. Then the lining and the pocket were some sort of fun fabric.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast