Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Ellegante2  can someone please help me??? >

Babylock Ellegante2 can someone please help me???

Babylock Ellegante2 can someone please help me???

Old 12-28-2011, 03:15 PM

Default Babylock Ellegante2 can someone please help me???

I have had my BL for probably a little more than 2 years. Anytime I used the embroidery on it, I connected with my computer. Well today I had the bright idea that I wanted to move that machine to another table, so I could leave it set up for embroidery. Well I d/led a snowman and put it on a memory stick and my sewing machine just went blank. I phoned my friend, who doesn't have a BL but she asked if maybe I needed to upgrade and so I did. I then put the memory stick in the sewing machine and it said upgrade complete. Turn your machine off then on again - so I did......Now I have a screen asking me for a certification key with a keypad underneath. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere that mentions a certification key. Anybody out there that can help me??? Thanks, Wendy

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-04-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: venting not permitted
Old 12-28-2011, 05:07 PM

Where did you get the upgrade and what upgrade did you do? When I purchased upgrades for my Ellegante I was given the key and told not to lose it as I would need it if I had to reinstall.

On rare occasion I have had what you discribed (blank screen). I turn everything off and then unplug everything then replug and turn back on. Sometimes I have had to do it more than once before it comes on.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 PM

I got the upgrade off the BL site. Jeez nobody told me about any key. I did turn the machine on and off but I can't get rid of the certification key notice. Thanks for answering me

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-04-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: venting not permitted
Old 12-29-2011, 07:35 PM

Did you unplug it?
Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 PM

I think that you will have to call a dealer tomorrow or Babylock directly, and find out how to obtain a certification key.

Here is the upgrade manual where it talks about the cd for the upgrade and obtaining the certification key...it is kind of expensive to upgrade I think....I would probably explain to them that you thought you needed to install it cause your machine "crashed"

Do you have a cd for this upgrade? Cause if you load the cd on your computer it will give you a key.
http://www.babylock.com/ftp/whitepap...ationGuide.pdf
Old 01-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails View Post
I got the upgrade off the BL site. Jeez nobody told me about any key. I did turn the machine on and off but I can't get rid of the certification key notice. That means I cannot use my machine til this stupid puzzle is solved.....grrrrrrrrrrr I hate this kind of stuff. Thanks for answering me
Hi,

I now have the same problem on my Babylock Ellegante machine. I installed the software update from the BL site (the update was free; no purchase required). The instructions never mentioned a certification key. Now, I can't get into my machine.

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Carla