Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Machines >

Babylock Machines

Babylock Machines

Old 12-29-2011, 05:49 AM

Default Babylock Machines

I was going to buy a Babylock Ellegante or a Ellegao Plus but I have been reading alot of bad reviews. I am afraid to spend all that money on these machines. Is there any nice embroidery machine that has a color screen that is worth the money with not alot of bad reviews????
Old 12-29-2011, 05:51 AM

I am a Bernina fan. Cannot beat them.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:14 AM

I have a Babylock Quest and I love it. I just got it shortly before Christmas, and its been fantastic. I know alot of folks have Babylocks, not sure about the embroidery machines though. I am sure there will be someone that has one, that can give you a good idea of how they are. Or you could go to this http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingMachine/BabyLock for reviews. The reviews are from the folks that belong to that board, and are usually very detailed and honest. Good luck
Old 12-29-2011, 06:35 AM

Sorry to hear that you got bad reveiws on babylock products ,,But I can assure you have sew on nothing but babylock for 20 years and would not buy nothing else ,, had brother and singer but what most is not understanding is that some of these machines are made from the same company except that they have different models name and therefore you are still buying products from the same companys,,, like pants for example Route 66 ,Faded Glory,are made from the same peoples but different names... but as far as Babylock goes well JMHO I will not have nothing else Hope this help and good luck..
Old 12-29-2011, 06:53 AM

I have a BabyLock have had it for years and I love it. My only problem is when I have had to take it for repair the place isn't that good any more............... The last time I had it in it took 8 weeks the repair guy is a jerk............ They were the only place around for BabyLock but now there is another place about 20 miles closer that I will use if I need repair again. I have only had it in 3 times in 6 years. Mine is an older one so I can't speak for the newer ones. But make sure that you have a good place to take it in times of need. Good Luck........... on your search. And yes I would by another BabyLock Embroidery Machine.............. Brother and BabyLock are made by the same company.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:02 AM

I have a BabyLock Quilters Choice. And I do really like it. It is my only machine, unless you count the Kenmroe I bought 35 years ago. I really like the BLock, it does everything I want. I wish it had a bigger area when I am quilting at times. The thing I do like is the needle threader and the scissors. To get the same thing in a bigger babylock is a lot of money. I sew and quilt a lot, but I have a very hard time justifying all the thousands of dollars to get what I have and bigger. My dealer is close by and that is important, from time to time the machine needs some little adjustment which I miss.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:22 PM

I bought my first and only embroidery machine in Dec of 08. It had 50,000 stitches so it was basically new. It has never been in the shop. I keep it clean, change my needles and pay attention to what I am doing. Sure in the beginning there was a learning curve but nothing major. I would not trade it for nothing. She is my 'baby'. I take care of her and she takes care of me. I got my training from the SewForum at Allbrands. Great bunch of folks. Like this board that is geared towards quilting, they are geared towards embroidery. I love my machine so much and since I have bragged on her I think I will go and pat her on the head and give her a little kiss before going to bed.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:59 PM

Where did you read those reviews? Many of those "review" sites are paid by their advertisers (whose machines are "reviewed")to promote their products. Search the site and if you see "advertisers click here" or something similar then you know the reviews are bogus. I have not yet found a "real" review site for sewing machines. My Babylock is great. Go into Yahoo groups and find a Babylock group. Ask in there what the Babylocks are like!!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:55 PM

i have sewn on babylocks for over 25 years and love them. i own three: sewing machine, serger and blind hemmer. the newer machines are electronic and electronic machines can have some problems. i know the babylock name has stood for quaility for years. take your time and test the machines with the features you are looking for. when you're thinking of spending $3000-$6000 for a machine, make sure it's what you want.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:07 PM

check out Brother Machines. Brother manufactures the Babylocks. I think they are superior. I know Bernina and some of the other brands are considered superior machines, but I have found I find my fully loaded Brother Laura Ashley edition much more useful than my Bernina 440 QE. It's like having a fully loaded KIA instead of a striped down Cadillac .

Just my opinion