Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock sashiko machine >

Babylock sashiko machine

Babylock sashiko machine

Old 01-18-2016, 06:54 AM

Its a great machine. I bought it last year at a retreat. At first I wasn't going to get it because each class had at least one machine that was messed up. Come to find out, they had old cheap thread in it. It does have a range of thread that can be used and lots of tutorials on you tube about the right way to thread it. If you see the tutorials you can see there are lots of things that you can do on it, not just a straight stitch. One nice feature is that each stitch is individually locked so if you are quilting with appliques, when you get to the edge of the applique, just stop, raise your presser foot and move to the next spot and start again. Its a strong stitch
Old 01-18-2016, 07:51 AM

Doesn't this thing simply do what looks like a hand quilted stitch on front and full stitch on back? I did the same with my regular BL that has the handquilt stitch offered on the display. Used mono thread on top, white on bottom.....worked, no thread breakage...so I guess I just saved myself $$$$$ and frustration. As an aside though, I too am not real happy with this BL---other reasons...and have thought of putting in the middle of a road and watch the pieces fly!