Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock serger "Image" >

Babylock serger "Image"

Babylock serger "Image"

Old 01-03-2015, 09:50 AM

Default Babylock serger "Image"

Does anyone own this serger and can you give me the pros and cons? I've never used a serger and a friend bought this one at a rummage sale. Thank you

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-03-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:52 AM

Sorry the serger is called "Imagine" my fingers typed to fast
Old 01-03-2015, 10:33 AM

I have had my Imagine for about 3 years now. Found it on eBay. I LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!
It is one of the easiest to thread because of the puff of air that shoots your thread through the proper channels. I'd never sewn with a serger before this and now I don't know how I did it before. I don't use it for quilting, tho' I could I suppose as I do have a how-to book, but I make costumes for the Renaissance Faire and most of that is one size fits most, it's a great way to finish seam edges on fabric that wants to fray while sewing the seams. All in one step. I also have the extra feet and I love how the ruffling foot helps with gathering of sleeves and cuffs.
I even made my daughter what we call an "elf coat" out of wool sweaters, shrunken and dyed, cut up in strips and then serged back together with the seams exposed to the outside. Lots of work but she loves it.
The Imagine doesn't do a cover stitch but I haven't really missed not having one. And I'm not 100% happy with the way the hemming works, but that could be me as I haven't tried that much.
Hopefully your friend has the instruction book and you can check it out for yourself. Spend a little time actually trying out all the options and you may find you can't live without it.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:41 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504557[/ATTACH]
Gives you and idea what you can do.
Attached Thumbnails 073.jpg  
Old 01-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

My sister has had this one for several years and loves it because of the vacuum threading. I have a way less expensive serger and never use it because it is so hard to thread.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:01 PM

Thank you both for your replies
Old 01-04-2015, 05:07 AM

I have the Evolve, don't think its too different from the Imagine. I have not done a lot with it, but this past week, I used it to do a 3 thread rolled edge for an infinity scarf. It was so nice when completed.
I hesitate to use it because I must get the book out and study it to see what settings I need depending on the project.
This is one of my sewing goals this year, to use and learn my serger more.
Do you have the workbook, not just the little diagram that came with it? The workbook is invaluable to teaching you what does what, and how to do it. YOu may have to ask your baby lock dealer to order it for you, but so worth the money.
Is your friend letting you buy it from her, hopefully she is. also go to the baby lock web site and watch there videos, short but useful.