Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Tiara 18 Inch Extension Table >

Babylock Tiara 18 Inch Extension Table

Babylock Tiara 18 Inch Extension Table

Old 01-04-2017, 08:04 PM

Question Babylock Tiara 18 Inch Extension Table

I have a Babylock Tiara and would like to extend the table for more space. I have found that there is an 18 inch extension table available, but haven't been able to get an idea of how much it costs. Has anyone purchased one of the 18 inch extension tables? How much did it cost? Thanks!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Power Poster

I have one extension for my Sweet 16 ... it works great.
It definitely is handy to have and is well designed for strength.
Also versatile in that the same extension can go on the right or left ..... and you could purchase two, if you wanted it both sides.

Being that mine was bought here in Canada, the price would not be relevant to you.

Just call your local dealer and ask the price .... and ask the price!
For me, it seemed pricey, but is well worth it.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

I use a table to the side. It is one of those where the sewing machine can fit into it,but it also can have a flat top. I got it from Jo-Ann ( on sale of course). It is portable so it can serve as a table at retreat or even when i want to sew in another room. It is like a "Sew steady" table but much less expensive. mine fits exactly to the height of the Tiara table. don"t you just love your Tiara?
Old 01-05-2017, 09:03 AM

I bought two 2'x4' folding tables from Costco for $20 each and put one on either side of my Sweet 16 table. They work great and at a tiny fraction of the cost by comparison. They also come in handy for other things when not in use for quilting and can be folded up out of the way when not in use, but actually provide more supporting space for the big quilts than the 18" fold up leaf from the machine seller. Anyway, just another option...
Old 01-05-2017, 07:31 PM

All - Thanks for the info and ideas! I'm going to check out all the possibilities before deciding. Terry - yes, I love my Tiara! I've had it for about 3 years now. BTW - I lived in the Utica area of NY for many years before moving to AZ. Don't miss the winters there, but I do miss the Adirondacks (especially the fall colors and seeing/hearing the loons on the lakes). Even though we have lots of mountains in AZ, there is something special about the Adirondacks.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Power Poster

I was actually lucky and found a fold-up table at IKEA that my DH attached to the one side. On the other side I have small cabinets (also from IKEA) adjusted to the same height for more storage and more table space. The extension table was a bit pricey in my opinion.