Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Back of cutting mat >

Back of cutting mat

Back of cutting mat

Old 12-17-2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
Super Idea, Does the permanent (as permanent as possible) rub off the mat and onto the fabric. I am a person that totally depends on those 1/8" lines for straight! I trust me, and I had better after 76 years, but my hands don't listen to me all the time, and the eyes are getting a little sassy, too! But I have, I'll bet a nickel to a rotten donut, at least 8 mats, all different sizes that are like brand new on the flip side. And mats are expensive. Thanks for the info,. That is something I am going to do. Edie
When I drew the lines on the back of the mat with the permanent ink marker, I waited until the next day to be absolutely, positively certain that it was dry.

The colour has never transferred to the fabric and the lines are still as bright as when I drew them.

I'll add that I drew four lines top to bottom about four inches from each side to use squaring up washed and pressed yardage. Four lines so it wouldn't matter which way I had the fabric on the mat, not because you need four lines to square up. Then I drew several more lines in the middle to use to line up fabric edges when cutting. Hope this helps.