Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Back to the drawing board... >

Back to the drawing board...

Back to the drawing board...

Old 01-14-2012, 04:59 PM

Default Back to the drawing board...

So I had big plans...I have a Pfaff Grandquilter and I bought an Inspria frame off Craigslist a few years ago, then DH gave me the cruise control to go with the machine. Excited to get it all together and start learning to quilt myself, I had the install person out from the sewing machine store to put them all together. After several hours and her taking the carraige back to the machine shop for modification, it turns out that the cruise control doesn't work with my frame. It is the one for Inspira but apparently the frame is so old that it predates the cruise control and the tracks it would run on are different! So, correct frame for machine, correct cruise control for machine, but can't put them all together! Darn it all Now a couple thousand $ into this and still not quilting! I'm thinking of trying to sell the frame which is fine without the CC (but I really need the CC), and putting the money toward a new frame. What would be a good frame for this set-up? Ideas anyone?
Old 01-14-2012, 05:32 PM

Can't help with your question but I am sorry to hear you are going through this. Hope it can be worked out soon.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:19 PM

I have no idea about frames or cruise controls, but could you contact the manufacturer of your cruise control to see what kind of frame they suggest?