Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Back to the kitchen table...

I have lost my sewing room. Well, I didn't lose it. I gave it up. My sewing room belonged to my daughter who moved out a year ago. My husband and I live in a fairly small three bedroom house. Our son still lives with us and our daughter's room was changed into a sewing room for myself. This was the third time that I made her room into a sewing room. But now we have a beautiful granddaughter that stays the night with us often. Maelee and I have been sleeping on a futon mattress in the livingroom in the middle of the floor. It is not very comfortable and with our two dogs, it's hard to be down there. So, I decided I would make my sewing room back into a bedroom. and, I have to say, it was not a hard decision. I never minded sewing in the kitchen. Maelee's room now has a full sized bed and room for all the things I have for her. I keep her during the week while her mom works. So, I have a lot of toys that needed a place to stay. I really like the idea of having the third bedroom back. My niece stays over with me and she was sleeping on the couch. Now she kind of has her own room here. And, better yet, it gives me an excuse to buy more fabric. After all, the new bed needs a quilt! :lol:

Blog Entries
    have loads of fun decorating with quilts for each season!

Blog Entries
    That sounds like a good plan! Enjoy! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I know just how you feel!!! Our DD and two precious grandbabies lived with us fulltime until last week. DD and SIL were approved for a 3 bedroom aprt. within minutes of their jobs!! I am so thrilled for them! Now they can finally be a family all together.

DD took her full sized bed, a twin bed and the toddler bed with her, leaving us with a full bed and a twin bed. Yonger DD has the other twin bed, they were bunkbeds but could be separated into two beds.

I was going to make DD's room into a sewing room but after one night of trying to sleep with DGD on an air mattess, I have changed my mind. LOL!! We will keep it a bedroom/playroom for the grandbabies because they will still spend 3 to 4 nights a week with us. DD and SiL both work nights.

I sew in my kitchen and really enjoy it. And like Maggie, I need to buy more fabric for new quilts, new curtains, new pillows, etc! LOL!!

Blog Entries
    Good thinking!!! :thumbup:

Early battenitis and modern quilt motif is exactly the fashion today!

Well of course new quilts, etc. need to be made! What fun! and you get to keep the new projects at your home! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I share my sewing space with a full size crib for my GS. I still sew at the kitchen table when my GDs are here for the day. This way i can sew and still watch them at the same time. I say "whatever works!"