Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Back to school supplies for sewing >

Back to school supplies for sewing

Back to school supplies for sewing

Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Was just in the scrapbooking area--Elmer's makes a removable double stick tape. I'm going to try it to temporarily stick fabric to paper when paper piecing instead of using pins or glue.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:16 AM

OMGsh! AFter 15 years of school supply shopping "in the closet," I can say that you people make me feel "normal." I was a first grade teacher who loved the beginning of the school year. Part of that was because of all the new supplies, etc. So after retirement, in the fall, I continued to walk aisles of the school supply dept. and drop things into my cart. This year, all I bought was a couple of composition books with the brightest chevor pattern on the cover.

I especially want to thank those of you who purchase supplies and donate to teachers. Yes, many children come to school without the necessary supplies... the first week and throughout the year.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
Kind of off topic, but don't the SCHOOLs buy the supplies for the students? Isn't there a budget for every classroom for construction paper, pencils, pens, etc. ?
In our district, a certain portion of funds go toward $$ for schools to purchase supplies, but expendible supplies like pencils, pens, paper, crayons, glue, etc. quickly run out and need to be replenished. Some schools in our area have room moms who do the back to school supply shopping for a fee. But parents are responsible on replenishing supplies as needed.