Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bad backing from LQS

Blog Entries

Bad backing from LQS

I bought three yard of the 108 inch wide backing, pretty pink... getting ready to send it out and it has holes in it.. appears that someone cut into it with a cutter! it repeats at every turn of the bolt... I am taking it back today. I bought it thursday night... I hope they make good for it... or I will be upset....
    Squirrelly Shirley

How strange. Perhaps it was in a box with other bolts and accidentally cut into with a box cutter when the box was opened? But it seems that they should have noticed when cutting your yardage. Anyway, I'm sure the quilt shop will make good. And they should go to the bolt to see if the remaining fabric is also damaged.

Very strange, indeed. I agree with dunster...sounds like a box cutter issue when opening the carton. We can only hope & pray that the shop honors your purchase. Hopefully they have something else that will work for you.

It bothers me when things like that happen ... Mistakes will happen , but I really get upset out the break in my "plan" .. you have a day all planned out and then ..... this one thing that should not have happened comes out of nowwhere ... and the plan is gone... and frequently the project momentum.
    So sorry for your inconvience , I am sure the shop owner will make it right. Hopefully there is enough undamaged on the bolt .

Oh wow! I hope they can replace it. Are you a "regular" at your LQS?

I know our LQS would make it good. If the fabric is still available (not out of production), they would order a new bolt. If it is manufacturer error, the company will replace it for the store. If it was employee error, there would be a lot of fat quarters coming.

It is a good thing you planned on using it right away. I have fabric that I bought years ago, waiting until I get around to it. I would be SOOOO upset if I found out that something I bought awhile back was not usable like this. Glad you found it right away.
    MistyMarie

Blog Entries
    the whole bolt was like that !! I did get a different backing from her.. But I still need the pink. I will go online for something... but i did get another book!
    Squirrelly Shirley