Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bags of scraps - what to do with them?

I've got a good friend who has a home business making little round trivets. She's got the COOLEST fabric, and has tons of leftover scraps from cutting out circles (various sizes, but typically I'd say they're around 3-4" and smaller - think about the 'leftovers' after cutting out a circle). I'm wondering if there are any good ideas out there to use these up on projects. She said she hates to throw them out (and, of course, I told her not to!). I'd appeciate any ideas you could throw at me. Like I need even more projects to do! :shock:

Thanks, and hope you all had a great weekend!

Try a crumb quilt............Check out Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville...............Lots of good info there.

Blog Entries
    Here is what I did with a bunch of small scraps. I layered them between two pieces of wash away stabalizer and sewed them all together. I washed away the stabalizer, trimmed and had a big piece of crazy fabric. It adds a lot of texture for tote/purse and other projects. The stabilizer was cheap on the bolt at Walmart. Probably at JoAnns too.

Quote Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
    Quote Originally Posted by joyplace
    Try a crumb quilt............Check out Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville...............Lots of good info there.
    Definately.
    The best tip ever for scraps is to go to Bonnie Hunter's site, what she does with scraps is amazing :thumbup:

This is the link to her site just in case you haven't got it bookmarked: http://quiltville.com/index.html

Thanks for the link. Figured I'd show you exactly what we're talkin' about here. Do you think I should sort everything by color?? Should I trim to a size or just leave them as they are?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Beautiful colors. These are a must to use! I would find the project I want to use and then cut accordingly.

you can always send them to me !! lol or make crazy patch blocks?
    My favorite quilts are scrappy quilts...................

Crumb quilt!

I'd sort by size first. I don't usually use anything over a 5x5 in a crumb block.

Oh my what a treasure!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
    Thanks for the link. Figured I'd show you exactly what we're talkin' about here. Do you think I should sort everything by color?? Should I trim to a size or just leave them as they are?
    OMGosh ... I would so use them for tightly braided rugs. JUST PERFECT and no extra work involved in trimming them. either that or scrappy rugs.. They look so cool with all the colors

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast