Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bailey 15inch quilting machine >

Bailey 15inch quilting machine

Bailey 15inch quilting machine

Old 08-20-2009, 05:28 AM

Hi
I am going to purchase a mid/long are quilting machine. I saw a Bailey quilting machine online. Have anyone heard or used this machine? thanks
Susie
Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 AM
Banned

I just missed you online. Please email me at [email protected]

I have the machine
Old 08-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

You can check out pros and cons of different long arm machines by joining the homequiltingsystems group at http://groups.yahoo.com . Be sure to check out their files section and do a search on "Bailey" posts to the group before posting yourself. Chances are you will get a lot of information that way, and the owners prefer that people do some research before posting questions. It is a great group for information!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Power Poster

I really want to see the input on this. It is one of the machines I am interested in.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM

there's nothing that compares to trying a test run. there will always be people who love it and people who hate it. you have to decide if it's for you.
i do know that in the $7000 price range there is the tin lizzie 18''-er. that includes a very exceptionally good frame for up to 120".

if you're not in a hurry i advise you to wait for a show. they're almost always at the bigger ones and you can try them all out and make your own comparisons. you can get better deals at the shows, also. when i bought mine it took me 2 years to decide. after all, it's a lot of money and i didn't want to have to do this again because i made a mistake.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:19 AM

I know of someone in Texas that is selling her Baily 13" for a steal! She contacted me after seeing my post that I was looking to buy a mid - long arm machine. I don't live in Texas and have opted to not get it even though it's a great price.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:43 AM

I bought a Bailey Home Quilting machine over a year ago. I did not have the option of trying out this machine, and was not really worried about it.

I joined the group DesertDebbe has on Yahoo and only a very few of them had the opportunity to try out the machine before purchase. Once you talk to Chuck Bailey, you just feel you can trust this man!

The Bailey family builds these machines in their shop and they give some of the BEST customer care you can imagine. You will not get this kind of service by ordering from a warehouse in Texas.

Chuck Bailey can and will go above and beyond the call of duty in helping you over-come any problems you encounter. This is a wonderful little machine suited to the use of home quilts. I love mine.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:21 AM

I have the 15" Bailey on a Gracie II frame. I knew not to try out all the machines. I only looked at ones I knew I could afford without going into debt. Why look at a Hummer when I can only afford a Jeep. I ditto what June says about Chuck. I had a problem with my SewControl, he sent me a replacement with a return postage to send the other one back. I haven't had the opportunity to do much quilting, but what I've done so far has been great. If I were quilting for a living, no this is probably not what you want but to quilt for pleasure and make a little change from time to time you can't beat the Bailey and the investment.

As June said there is a yahoo group just about the Bailey. There are discussions on ways to modify your machine to meet your needs, pictures of quilts that have been quilted with the Baileys, a very good support group. I am in central Okla and if anyone is near they are welcome to come take a test drive on mine. In fact a lady not 35 miles from me found me on the support group and is coming one weekend to look at our setup. Her husband is excited because where I live we have a great onion burger place. He wants to come for the burgers. Again you can't beat the Bailey and the investment.

Mr Bailey made it possible for us "poor folk" to afford a mid-arm with a decent throat depth.