Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bailey long arm quilting machine >

Bailey long arm quilting machine

Bailey long arm quilting machine

Old 04-09-2015, 02:28 PM

Default Bailey long arm quilting machine

I am considering buying this machine with a Grace queen frame.
I've searched on the board but am not finding much feedback on this machine.
If you have one please tell me what you think -- good and bad. It's a sizeable investment for me and will be used mainly for personal use.
Also do you have the stitch regulator and do you recommend it?
Thanks for any information.
Gaga
Old 04-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

I've seen quite a few positive comments about the Bailey. Have seen negatives about the Grace frame being not substantial enough -- bowing under the pressure of large quilts, that sort of thing. I know there are Bailey quilters here, so you should be getting some good comments.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:52 PM

Been There, Done That!. I had one and I hated it. NEVER could get consistent stitches. Found out part of the problem was the motor that these machines come with. As they are used and heat up, the machine runs much faster than when it is first turned on. They are noisy, hard to see what you are quilting unless you take half the cover off so you can see the needle. The take up lever keeps coming unthreaded. Just a real mess. Pay a little bit more and the the new Block Rocket from Kathy Quilts. I got one and I LOVE it.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I've seen quite a few positive comments about the Bailey. Have seen negatives about the Grace frame being not substantial enough -- bowing under the pressure of large quilts, that sort of thing. I know there are Bailey quilters here, so you should be getting some good comments.
I agree with prism have seen lots of positive for bailey and quite a few negative on the grace frame. I do understand that since the baileys are stretched machines they do not run as fast a a true longarm, that was one of the few cons that I saw listed on other boards
Old 04-10-2015, 03:28 AM

I have a Bailey 13" machine and a Grace queen size frame. I love it. I only do free motion quilting with it. I would love to have the 17" or larger but couldn't afford that one. It takes a few times to get use to it because it doesn't have a stitch regulator but with practice you can do it good.