Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bailey's 15" quilting machine >

Bailey's 15" quilting machine

Bailey's 15" quilting machine

Old 06-11-2009, 01:48 PM

I have a Bailey, and I would like to sell it. I have done about 10 quilts. It is about 2 years old and I really want to sell it.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:51 PM

I am having so much difficulty with my Bailey Machine. I really don't like it and I don't know what to do with it. I really want to sell it.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 PM

My thread breaks all the time, mostly at the top where the little black rubber is on the part that goes up and down. It is so frustrating. I can quilt about 12 to 15 inch section before I need to rethread.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:52 PM
JJs
Banned

join the bailey forum on yahoogroups and you'll get tons of help for your thread problems
Old 06-11-2009, 04:53 PM

Kim,
I sent you a pm. Please contact me.

Debbe
Old 10-11-2009, 04:06 AM

I bought a Bailey 15" a year ago and I had the exact same problem with the thread breaking. I called Chuck MANY times over several months. I changed threads, needles, the bobbin shuttle thing -- all of which did not help at all. It got so that I could barely turn the thing on before it broke. He finally sent me a new machine. I was so frustrated with the original machine that I've just started using the new one in the last couple months, but I've had no problems with thread breakage so far.

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2009, 07:54 AM

Quilting on a machine frame is like dancing. There are many factors to consider before the dance will be fantastic. Which type of frame you have is
a big factor, some are more conducive than others. The quilting machine itself needs regular cleaning/oiling. Some machines are more complicated than others. It could need additional thread guides or need to be timed more frequently. Never use canned air in the bobbin/ race hook area. It pushes little pieces of thread deeper which cause it to seize up later. Just use a brush to clean the area. (ask me how I know)
Thread is a huge factor. Using different weights of fabric on the top and bottom require tension adjustments. Not a big deal to do but you must be willing to adjust that bobbin tension from time to time. Unless you turn the screw way too far you can't do much wrong here. 1/4 turn will not ruin your machine. :wink:
The height and tautness of the quilt on the frame will make a difference as well. The speed at which you quilt also factors in as does the fabric and batting and needles. Lots of little things that when working together will make your quilting experience very pleasurable and beautiful. One little thing off will cause you to curse and want to throw your machine out the window. :shock: Patience, think things through. Figure out what changed before the problem started. So many little things to consider.

When it all works it is amazing. :D
Old 10-11-2009, 01:33 PM

Was just at our quilt show this weekend and they now have a 17" Bailey with the frame for $ 3875. That's the queen size frame. I figure if I wait long enough they will just keep getting bigger.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 AM

Hi Kim, I am new to this website and would like to consider buying your machine. I need to know if the problem is solved and how much you are asking if it isnt already sold. Any information you can give me would be great.
Thanks,
the threaded needle
Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 AM

I have owned a Bailey's for several years. I also bought the stitch regulator and it is great too. I love the machine ! Yes, when I go into the quilting stores and see the really expensive brands I still would like to have one of them but I would never spend that kind of money. I like to stipple quilt. It is wonderful for that. You can do designs but I really don't care about that. The support is good too because they have a regular store and you can even call them on Saturdays!