Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bailey's Home Quilter >

Bailey's Home Quilter

Bailey's Home Quilter

Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
That is exactly what I did. Actually, I called the company and the gentleman there suggested the tape. He said they quit using the black bands that came with mine and are now sending tiny o rings. He did say you can't get the correct size at any store so he offered to send a package. No charge even. It just amazes me that he is always ready and willing to answer questions and to be of great service.

Another question:
On the frame, the machine slides or rolls over 2 rails. For the most part, mine glides very smoothly, easily. What I have noticed is, at one point there is a very slight depression as if something heavy was laid on the rail. I can barely feel it when I run a finger over it, but it is enough to cause the machine to catch and then sort of jump over the spot. I can't do smooth quilting in that area. Does anyone know of any way to repair the spot? Maybe a hairdryer would be enough but not too much heat to cause the area to expand a touch?
is it the brown plastic pieces? I think most of us have had trouble with those spliting and causing trouble, you can replace them with 1/4" stainless steel rods
are you positive that your whole table/frame is level? it doesn't take much to be an issue with control
Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 AM

I actually have used this. My friend has one and she lets me use it. Love it! Customer service is fantastic, she dropped the handle and broke the button. They replaced it fast! It's great and I used connecting threads thread on it and was great!!
Old 06-14-2012, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by kathy View Post
is it the brown plastic pieces? I think most of us have had trouble with those spliting and causing trouble, you can replace them with 1/4" stainless steel rods
are you positive that your whole table/frame is level? it doesn't take much to be an issue with control
They are the long plastic pieces. I'm looking at the table to see how to replace them and can't quite figure it out; however, there is a quilt on there now so I can't take it apart. I should have it done in about a week or so and will have my son take a look.
The frame is level, definitely. But when I move and set it up again, I will make sure that is not an issue. Never thought about that - thank you for mentioning it.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
I had thought I don't have enough space for one. How much room space do those of you with Baileys estimate it takes?
My idea for a place for my frame, my DH hates this idea, is to get an older 20-24 foot camp trailer and gut the inside, and set my frame up in there. My frame currently gets partially disassembled and stored behind the living room couch when not in use. Then the family moans and groans when I set it up, taking the whole living room, for a couple of days. I think the camp trailer idea is great. Would give me space to leave my frame up, away from the house for a total cost of less than $1,000. My DH hates it because he doesn't want to do the demo, but I'm confident I can do that myself. He also says it will clutter up the yard. Too bad, he has 3 stock trailers, a flat bed trailer, a dump trailer, a camp trailer and a farm truck that moves 5 times a year, I can have a quilting trailer. LOL. There are solutions that don't require a dedicated room to have a frame, just be creative. He said I could keep it on the covered deck, that's not happening.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:32 AM

I had thought I don't have enough space for one. How much room space do those of you with Baileys estimate it takes?

My frame is about 9 feet long and 1 foot wide. I figured I needed a room at least 13 feet wide to have space to get around the ends when quilting. I am in the process of looking for a new home and it is difficult to find one with a bedroom that is 13 X whatever. Right now, mine is in the master BR and will probably be the same in where I move.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:05 AM

I have the Bailey 17" and love it, although the speed control is not the best. I am just a hobby quilter and my frineds and I quilt many quilts on it with no problem. I have mine on a pro flex frame.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:04 PM

I know this is an old thread but I would like to thank you all for your input on the Bailey's Home Quilter. I am really interested in this quilting machine and you all have helped a lot with my decision.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:57 PM

do any of you have problems with the needle just vibrating out? I need a new holder for mine but cant get email response from chuck