Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baltimore Bliss BOM

Is any one doing the Baltimore Bliss Block of the Month? I am just wondering what other color combinations would work and if fusible is used, what type do you use?

I am doing the Baltimore Bliss in Burgundy, pinks and greens I am currently working on block #8 (I think) I am not very good with computers or I would load a picture of one of my blocks. I am doing all mine by hand; but did do a couple sample blocks with my machine, I did not use fusible; I did the freezer paper method. I have really enjoyed doing the blocks. Donna

I just posted a topic on this to see if anyone was doing this as a BOM on here.

I would love to see yours! I would definitely do it all by hand, it would be too hard for me to even attempt to do it on the machine.

peyek, with the freezer paper, you do the "turn under' applique technique,right?

The way I do mine is I iron the waxpaper template to the wrong side of the material then cut it out leaving between 1/8 to 1/4 inch I then paint the edges with spray starch and iron down the raw edges then I remove the wax paper and my piece is ready to be stiched down without having to do needle turn.

Blog Entries
    Here is a pic of one of my blocks. I only have 4 done. I'm using pinks and greens because they are my favorite colors. For fusible I'm using "Steam a Seam 2".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How beautiful!! If I can figure out how to do it I will try to send a picture of mine.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful block!! I have always wanted to do a Baltimore but never got to it - still on 'to do' list. Hopefully I will get to it soon.

These are the colors that I have used for my blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Chubbybunny, I love your fabrics! I would want to do it in the pinks/greens, too, I think! It looks perfect, I could never do such a good job!

Peyerk, after seeing yours, you make me want to add burgundy to that color scheme! LOL! Beautiful!