Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baltimore Block Victorian Cut Glass Urn of full blown roses

Baltimore Block Victorian Cut Glass Urn of full blown roses

I took a class at Festival fromEllly Sienkiewicz. She had some kits from another class the one titled above. Unfortunately, I have the wrong book for this block! It is in her newest book, and the instructions on making the rosebuds aren't in there. She has silk ribbon included about 1/4" wide which has to be for the rose buds. I just don't know how she has it done. I could cut circles and to the folded bud, but I am wondering about what she has for the silk ribbon.

The buds look like they are in 3 parts vertically. I've tried to post a picture before and couldn't but I will try again to show you what I am talking about.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.
    Barbara
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Her web site is: http://www.appliquewithelly.com/ and there is a "contact us" section that informs you: "If you have any questions, concerns, or comments email Mary Fox at AppliqueWithElly@Gmail.com". If you write to her and explain that you bought a kit and have her book but it doesn't tell you what to do with the 1/4" wide silk ribbons, surely she will answer you.

Thank you, I have been contacted them on a similar request earlier. Maybe this will have some luck.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain