Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The bar guide thingy for walking foot help me

I know the title is terrible. I know how to install and use my walking foot just fine, however, it came with a guide- thing-a-ma jig. I think it is a guide so you can quilt a grid type pattern on a sandwich. It is about 3 inches long with a bend.
    Problem is I dont know how to put it on my walking foot to use it. Pictures would be MOST awesome!
    I have searched the board, but cant seem to find the same question.

sorry about the adjetives. I really have no idea what its called. i am a free motion kind of gal and need to try something different.

you should see me when i have something wrong with my truck! LOL

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My walking foot just has a hole in the back part of it. I just shove the guide in the hole. You can push it in from either side however far you want to get the distance you want.

Mine has a slot that you push the bar down in on the back of the walking foot.

Blog Entries
    What kind of machine do you have? I have a Janome and the guide snaps onto the walking foot on the back. I can post pictures tonight when I get home from work.

Many machines have a hole in the back of the feet and when you slide it is it tightens with a scrw that should already be there. Other machines (Kenmore does)came with a plastic thingy that attaches to the back of the walking foot with double sided tape and the guide snaps into it. The plastic is about half inch long and it should be in the accesories box.

Blog Entries
    Mine just slides through a hole in the back of the foot.
    No matter which foot you have, it is better to put the guide in before attaching the foot...other wise you can put to much pressure on the metal post that holds your pressure foot. :wink:

Isn't it great that we all know what the 'thingy' thing you are referring to!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I've got one of those thingies too but I think I'm doing something wrong because when I try to use it, it doesn't stay fixed but slides up and down. So thanks for asking the question, maybe I'll get an answer here too! I just finished quilting parallel lines round a border and it would have been great for that but I ended up drawing them on. :hunf:

Blog Entries
    Hi,

We all learn from each other, no question is a dumb question. Have a great day quilting!

Blog Entries
    I have used the guide thingy (that's exactly what I call it too) for chenille and I have a hard time sewing a straight line with it. My machine has a built-in walking foot and the thingy just slips in a hole in the back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast