Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bargain machine-how lucky was I?!

Bargain machine-how lucky was I?!

Saw ad for Pfaff Tiptronic 1171. It was being sold by repairman who has worked for me. I asked why he was selling..he said "lady brought it for repair. Said she would not spend $50 for new motor--told me to do what ever with it." He rebuilt the motor and sold to me for $50..complete with foot control, German manual, & English manual. I ran to the car as fast as I could..afraid he'd change his mind!! It hums along with beautiful stitches, and I knew the worth of a Pfaff because I already had a 1475CD model. Problem is I only got the sewing foot with the 1171, and tho all the other attachments I have will fit this machine, I'd like to have it 'complete'....at least the buttonhole & darning feet. I've searched and only been able to find a set of feet with a different kind of shank that cannot fit with the IDT. I'm hoping to find used feet from someone's "dearly departed machine. Any suggestions where to look?

JT
    Have you asked your repairman the ladies name that brought the machine in?? It might be worth a call to see if she has other attachments.
    JT

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    Have you asked your repairman the ladies name that brought the machine in?? It might be worth a call to see if she has other attachments.

I'd also see if I could get her telephone #. It would be good to call her to see if she still as all the other attachements that came witht eh machine. It's worth a try.
    Do all for His glory.

I wouldn't call her, she may decide she wants the machine back .....

There several Yahoo sites that are Pfaff machines. Also, several buy/sell sites there too. One is SewItsForSale and someone may have some feet left over from their old machines. They should be snap on feet and most of the models should fit, may not be perfect to the feed dogs, but work. My old mechanical feet fit on my 7570 and vice-versa...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunr View Post
    I'd also see if I could get her telephone #. It would be good to call her to see if she still as all the other attachements that came witht eh machine. It's worth a try.
    privacy act does not allow for that info to be given out!
    BUT, keep looking here and on ebay at perhaps sewclassic.com the parts will come around, they always do!

bargain machine-Pfaff feet

CoyoteQuilts..you think like me! Exactly what I was thinking. I did put an ISO ad in our local buy/sell site for the Pfaff attachments...hoping "she" (the prev. owner) might see it and say to herself.."Self, here's someone who will buy my old parts". No luck so far.

FLQ
    the repairman could call his customer and ask...if he's so inclined.

Blog Entries
    Internet sites may offer what you need. I have a Pfaff Tiptronic and the dealer here in FL and WA were both able to help me buy more feet. (Sounds like a joke could be made of that last sentence. lol) Good luck! Check for Pfaff dealers is my advice.

You really did fantastic. That is a great machine and the price you paid was unbelieveable. I would just look at ebay for the parts. I have a Pfaff 7550 and when I was looking for quilting feet for it, I started by asking the local sewing machine repair person. It is amazing just what they have in parts. I have also found feet on ebay. For what you paid for the machine, if you bought the correct feet, one at a time, it shouldn't be too bad as far as price goes.

Jacquie: Privacy act on acquiring phone numbers doesn't mean much, you can go online and find the phone number of most anyone. Try putting your own name into Google and see how much info on yourself is out there, it is amazing. Themachinelady

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast