Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: BASIC Instructions for Happy Daisies

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-58236-1.htm

I do not have a pattern. I don't know how much fabric is needed. I don't know how to teach. This is basic instructions as I remember. My quilt is 59 X 81. There are 24 blocks, four across and six down, and a 6 1/2 inch unfinished border. I tried to not duplicate any colors. The best I can tell, if you had a white fat quarter and a colored fat quarter, you could get two blocks from that set, one with the color on the left and one with the color on the right. There would be a little fabric left over, but not a lot.

I cut a 13 inch square of white and a 13 inch square of colored fabric. I then cut those 13 inch squares in half. I sewed a color to a white with a 1/4 inch seam. I used wonder under on the fabric that would make the petals, leafs, stem and center of the daisy. I did raw edge applique around all the pieces. Then I squared the blocks to 12 1/2 inch.

If you are interested in my templates, PM your snail mail address to me and I will send you a copy. I scanned the copy and emailed it to myself by the sizes are not right when I got the email. If you what to enlarge them from the email, I will send it to you that way. Otherwise, I don't mind mailing them to you USPS.

If I left out anything, I'm sorry. I will be glad to explain any of the parts that don't make sense.

Sent you a PM.
    Really like this quilt.
    Carol B

I also send you a PM, I love your quilt.

Sent you a PM. Love your quilt

You are the sweetest person! Thank you so much!

Kathy, thank you SO much. I can't wait to get started on this!!

Thank you very much. :D

I love this quilt!! You did an amazing job! Just one question...I don't really machine applique except for a few little things. Do you machine applique each block first and then piece the quilt? And do you need to add a tear away stabilizer to the back before you applique? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura3
    I love this quilt!! You did an amazing job! Just one question...I don't really machine applique except for a few little things. Do you machine applique each block first and then piece the quilt? And do you need to add a tear away stabilizer to the back before you applique? Thanks for your help.
    I first sewed the two half pieces together (positive/negative). Then I fuse the daisy parts, which have WonderUnder on them) to the block. I machine appliqued with a stitch, that on my machine is called 'applique', I think some people call it a blanket stitch. I have used a zig zag stitch for appliquing. I don't use a stabilizer on the back, maybe I should, but I don't.

DJ
    Thanks so much for the instructions. I PMd you!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast