Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: basting spray

i used to get my basting spray at wal mart, they no longer have fabric in my area. i went to jo ann's and it was 15 bucks, is that what it costs now, this was a different brand than i used before (the old stuff i had came in a big can like hairspray, the expensive was in a little can, like mousse). just need to now if i have to bite the bullet or am i not looking far enough

jan in palatka

most walmarts that don't have fabric still have notions and batting, that's where i still find the basting spray, also at hancock's and joann's they carry the cheaper stuff

I use 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive, a fellow quilter tipped me off on it. Its a big can and a lot cheaper. I can't remember the price, get it in the Automotive stuff at Walmart. I haven't had any trouble with it, no gumming up the needle ect.

Blog Entries
    what I got a walmart is "quilt basting spray" !! says so on the can. AT JoAnn's I got the 505, and at quilt shops. The 505 I like better r/t the gumming of the needle. But both work. 505 is more costly.

Blog Entries
    I buy 505 in the big can from here http://www.sewforless.com/item/505_T..._Can/7391/c109

it is the best!

I order Sullivan's spray from Mary Jo's. Just called them up & had it shipped.

Blog Entries
    sewforless's can of 505 doesn't look like my can at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    sewforless's can of 505 doesn't look like my can at all.
    That's because the red cans are made in France and the yellow/blue ones are made in the UK. Still the same product from what I can tell, only cheaper.

:-)

thisis the one product I always use my 40 percent off coupon.
    Once in a while they have the notions wall for 50 percent off and I by a few cans then ... but every time I have to "discuss" getting the 50 percent off with the staff, as they always try to say its not a notion.... but then I say .. but you have it on the "notions wall" . Anyway they do give it to me for the 50 percent off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer Spice
    I use 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive, a fellow quilter tipped me off on it. Its a big can and a lot cheaper. I can't remember the price, get it in the Automotive stuff at Walmart. I haven't had any trouble with it, no gumming up the needle ect.
    yes it is cheaper, but does not wash out :wink: Be sure and spray on scraps first, as it does cause a problem with some fabrics :D:D:D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast