Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Batik

The biggest problem (?) I have found with batiks .....they are incredibly addictive...especially for applique projects. Oh wait, that should be appreciated..... :D

Cathe, now you've got me worried about hand quilting the piece. It's going to be in the ditch so I suppose it won't hurt (other than tough the hands). I didn't know before combining all the fabrics that batik had that quality.

http://www.5bucksayard.com/

I recently got some drop dead gorgeous batiks from this place on clearance for 3.99 a yard. They have others on the five-buck price list.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the information about batik fabrics, that will be very helpful :D I went and checked out the website and they still have two batiks for $3.99, now if I can only find my credit card........

moonpi ~ thanks for the link ... I think. :wink:

piney

Steve - why are you going to stitch in the ditch by hand? Would be much quicker by machine with the same result (as it is in the ditch & tends not to be seen). Maybe I am missing something here?

I suppose I could do the patches that way and the sash and border by hand. I'll make a practice piece so I don't mess up too bad. Is it hard?

Remember I'm new at this, so everything is fascinating and scary all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Remember I'm new at this, so everything is fascinating and scary all at once.

You always remember the first one Steve. It may cause you a little pain, but you will learn the pleasures to come. You may even find yourself longing to pick up the needle when you are in stressful situations, or stop and cock your head if you hear the sound like your machine makes. We won't ruin your reputation - honest!

Stitch in the ditch is easy by machine especially if you use a walking foot (even feed foot)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast