Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Batting for Eye popping Ugly quilt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lvaughan View Post
    Thank you scrappingfaye58 and jj1150. I was drawn to these fabrics when I saw them but do have to admit they are an acquired taste. My sister said they are horrendous. I think once quilted it will be a pretty (ugly), my mom says interesting quilt. LOL! Same thing my husband said earlier today, "Interesting".
    My DMIL used 'interesting' when she didn't like something, but didn't want to be insulting!! LOL Sincerely hope that's not your family's take on the word. I think the quilt will be great when done!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I love your quilt, don't think it is ugly for one minute, you can give it to me and I will finish it right up for my bed!
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by lvaughan View Post
    Thank you scrappingfaye58 and jj1150. I was drawn to these fabrics when I saw them but do have to admit they are an acquired taste. My sister said they are horrendous. I think once quilted it will be a pretty (ugly), my mom says interesting quilt. LOL! Same thing my husband said earlier today, "Interesting".
    And we all know what they really think when they just tell us "interesting"!

I wanted a real wrinkled look on a quilt I did this summer. I decided to buy a batting at JoAnn's that I hadn't tried on one of my own quilts but that a customer brought with one of her tops for me to LA. I think it was called Cream Rose. I liked how it shrunk up the quilt like I wanted it to--and made it look old fashioned. I will definitely use that brand again when I want that look.

I love your quilt. The colors are great, not ugly at all.

Your quilt is beautiful! what is the pattern?
    the

I love those fabrics. If you use warm and natural..it should crinkle up nice for you.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

You might think I'm weird, but I really like the colors and pattern of your quilt. Great job! Would love to see a photo of it after it is crinkled.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4