Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
batting from JoAnn's??? >

batting from JoAnn's???

batting from JoAnn's???

Old 02-01-2016, 06:08 AM

I'm not sure what you bought , but a friend and fellow quilted showed me some thin poly batting at JoAnn's, and said she reached liked it. Said its very light and very warm. Maybe its the same stuff.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:27 AM

I love Warm and Natural and Hobbs 80/20. I am in a hand quilting group and just worked on on with wool batting (Hobbs) and it was great to work with.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:06 AM

I use Warm & Natural all the time--I love it. I usually buy 20 yards or more that are 90 inches wide. It lasts me a long time and I use a coupon at JA so I only pay for 10 yards. I usually need 2 yds for a quilt. If I make a quilt with a lot of white I would use Warm & White, but I don't use a lot of white.
Sue
Old 02-01-2016, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

I bought a roll of this stuff:
http://www.joann.com/pellon-siliconi.../11976487.html
It's the same dimension roll as you quoted and was the same price, but don't know if it's the same stuff. Needs to be quilted 4" apart. It is thin, but the thickness is consistent and I rather like it. It quilts easily, the amount loft shows the quilting and drapes well. I used a single layer. Wouldn't use it on an heirloom quilt, but for kid's draggers or home dec (runners, toppers etc.) it works well. I would make up a practice sandwich, quilt it, and see if you have a change of heart before you discard it all together.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 02-01-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:30 AM

I would also try to return it. They probably won't give you a refund, but hopefully, they will give you a credit and you can purchase the batting you really want...Warm & Natural. Good luck!
Old 02-01-2016, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
I would also try to return it. They probably won't give you a refund, but hopefully, they will give you a credit and you can purchase the batting you really want...Warm & Natural. Good luck!
I would also try and return it. Maybe you could take it to a local Joanns and make an exchange?
Old 02-01-2016, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I bought a roll of this stuff:
http://www.joann.com/pellon-siliconi.../11976487.html
It's the same dimension roll as you quoted and was the same price, but don't know if it's the same stuff. Needs to be quilted 4" apart. It is thin, but the thickness is consistent and I rather like it. It quilts easily, the amount loft shows the quilting and drapes well. I used a single layer. Wouldn't use it on an heirloom quilt, but for kid's draggers or home dec (runners, toppers etc.) it works well. I would make up a practice sandwich, quilt it, and see if you have a change of heart before you discard it all together.

This is the batting that I bought, I am always looking for a bargain but I think this time I didn't get one. I don't have the receipt as I bought it back in Dec, so I will just have to use it..most of the quilts I make are ones that I give away, but still want them to look good, I'll try and see how two layers will look, Thanks everyone , but don't buy this batting even tho it looks like a good deal..
Attached Thumbnails img_1310.jpg  
Old 02-01-2016, 09:36 AM

I bought a roll similar to this several years ago and I really lIke it. I use it for baby and kids quilts and no one has complained yet...
Old 02-01-2016, 09:44 AM

There are times when a thinner batting can be just what you need, but it's really disappointing if you were expecting sonething different.
Can you exchange it?
Old 02-01-2016, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by kylenstevesmom View Post
I bought a roll similar to this several years ago and I really lIke it. I use it for baby and kids quilts and no one has complained yet...
Same here, after quilting I didn't notice a difference. My quilts are made with love and are loved. That is good enough for me.