Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Batting with scrim

Batting with scrim

I purchased 100% cotton batting with scrim at Walmart. Is this safe to use in a microwave oven? I plan to make tortilla warmers.

I don't see why not as long as it is not flammable. I have never bought cotton batting like that or if I did I didn't pay attention. I use warm and natural for my batting for the microwave bowls.
    Lisa Gibbs

I just bought Warm and Natural because I wasn't sure what the "scrim" would do...but it's three times the price. But the cheaper batting is no bargain if it ruins the tortilla warmer, or even worse, the microwave! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandavtwo View Post
    I just bought Warm and Natural because I wasn't sure what the "scrim" would do...but it's three times the price. But the cheaper batting is no bargain if it ruins the tortilla warmer, or even worse, the microwave! Thanks.
    Warm and natural had a scrim that is poly! Most scrim is a poly material , and should not be used in the microwave.