Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Batting for table runners?

I have used Warm and Natural in all the ones I've done. I also use W&N in placemats. I generally do an all-over meander so they stay flat. The placemats have been washed dozens of times and still lay flat nicely without being too puffy.

Pam

I use Warm & Natural batting.

At one quilt shop where I first saw the 10/15 minute runner(probably will take longer!) HA!! They put more of a liner in the runner, rather than batting: the younger generation do not like the puffy/old fastion look of batting. I have used a variety of linings: warm and natural, polybatting, and different weight pellons. I think it needs something, if for nothing else; body. I still like the look of cotton batting after it's been quilted.....maybe I'm "old fashion" that way.

I use flannel that I preshrink. I wash it and dry it twice in hot water, then iron it and and use it to give body to the quilting in my table runners. I am not crazy about the thicker battings because I don't want things to fall over.
    Proud Blue Star Mother of US Soldier after serving in Afghanistan, He's home to Alaska! That brave man is home!!!
    Mimi to an Airman. Proud Aunt to a Sailor and Airman. My prayers continue for all our wonderful generous military and their families!

I find that "warm and natural" to be the best. I think that a light weight batting is essential to the overall look and performance. I also use that for placemats.

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    I hadn't seen your post when I've been on the board. I would have answered. I usually put in a warm n' natural batting in my table runners except when I did the spicy spiral one. The points would have made it difficult to get done without ruining the small piece of fabric at the end of the points. The instructor of the class I took used batting in hers but I did not like it. I guess it would be personal choice but I usually like batting to put decorative items on the runner and hopefully they don't harm the table.
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

nls
    I like Quilters Dram Poly or a fusible batting.

I like to use a low loft batting when doing table runners. Be sure to post pictures when you are finished.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    I came to your party late, but I use Pellon thermolam interfacing. I like the non fusible one. It gives the runner a lot of body and a small amount of loft. Perfect for candles.

I usually use fusible fleece or warm and natural in mine. I prefer the fusible simply because it stays in place when I'm sewing.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast