Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Beading on Crazy Quilts

Beading on Crazy Quilts

Has anyone tried the beading on crazy quilts? It looks like it would be a lot of fun and it makes a gorgeous quilt! Just looking for anyone who's done this and see what you thought about it.
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

I haven't tried it yet but I plan to on my crazy quilt. Have you looked at www.pintangle.com ? They have great illustrations on there.

It takes a little time, well it can take a LOT of time but does make a beautiful quilt. It is a nice warm thing to do on a chilly winter or spring evening.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

No but I have started adding buttons. I just love the look of buttons on quilts. LOL Go figure. I have buttons on hand but not beads so that might make the difference too of not having tried it. I'd say if you like it go for it.
    Anna Quilts

I'm going to try it but the first one will be a miniature. Don't know when I'll do it because I have 3 projects going right now. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to. LOL!!
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

I like to bead, so I added fish and frogs and all kinds of beadwork on the one I made for mom and dad...Sometimes you can find "bead Pal" instruction sheets used to do pony bead work and instead use smaller seed beads and put them on your quilts...I like anything that sparkles!

i've added beading to crazy quilt projects---if you enjoy beading it is just another embellishment technique.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I have made Crazy quilt Christmas stockings a couple of CQ vests and CQ quilts. I love putting beads on them. I especially like the little seed beads. I use the little bit larger beads to do the bodies of the spiders I put in the spider webs.
    Spider webs on the older victorian CQs, were for good luck.

I have done quite a bit of beading on crazy quilts. My favorite motif is dragonflies. I've also done spiders and a little beaded frog. I also use them a lot to accent embroidery (little ones look great in vines made of feather stitches) and as centers for ribbon roses and other flowers. Beading can be a bit addictive, once you get started and if you Google "crazy quilt beading," you will probably find lots of gorgeous examples.