Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bed/Quilt sizes

Banned
    Is there a place I can find bed /quilt sizes. Example. If I want to make a quilt for a Queen bed. What size do I make the quilt?

Here is a link of quilt sizes.
    http://www.blockcentral.com/quiltsizes.shtml http://www.straw.com/equilters/library/quilt_issues/quilt_sizes-bed_sizes.html

Debbie

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy2bts
    Here is a link of quilt sizes.
    http://www.blockcentral.com/quiltsizes.shtml

Debbie
    Thanks dearheart. Does Lining mean the backing?

Yes lining means the backing. I also posted another link. Little different sizes but I think that I like the second sizes better.

Debbie

Banned
    oh ok..... thanks Debbie

luvmy2bts~ I'd like to thank you for those links as well.

In the second link there are two different "ideal" sizes, one by Donna Poster, and one by Hargrave & Craig, I'd have to agree more with the later. Donna's idea that a full size quilt would be 106" just seems excessive. My bed, which I share, is a full size, and I love the quilts that are square around 86"x86" because it's hard to tell which way to put it on the bed, when one is only a couple of inches longer. We're not the tallest people in the world, but 106" is 20 MORE inches, and that's a lot of quilting! :D

What size are you hoping to work on?

Here is the link that I have bookmarked for quilt sizes

http://www.sylviasquiltdepot.com/sch...e.htm#mattress

The bear paw I just finished (top) is 99 x 112 and it is for a queen size bed. I had to make it bigger because of my deeper mattress. That extra length on those lists are probably just for pillow tucks, that is part of the reason mine is so long

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
    luvmy2bts~ I'd like to thank you for those links as well.

In the second link there are two different "ideal" sizes, one by Donna Poster, and one by Hargrave & Craig, I'd have to agree more with the later. Donna's idea that a full size quilt would be 106" just seems excessive. My bed, which I share, is a full size, and I love the quilts that are square around 86"x86" because it's hard to tell which way to put it on the bed, when one is only a couple of inches longer. We're not the tallest people in the world, but 106" is 20 MORE inches, and that's a lot of quilting! :D

What size are you hoping to work on?
    'Well I have no idea how big my first quilt is. I need to measure it before I go get batting. The one I'm playing with now, I'm hoping for a double size

I find it more helpful to know the mattress size and then decide how far I want the quilt to extend and hang down on the sides. I actually prefer square quilts for my Full and Queen beds, because then they hang down on three sides (both sides and the foot of the bed) and I use pillow shams and cases with them. The chart assumes that for this type of quilt, you pull the top edge up to about 6" from the head of the mattress. I usually pull it all the way up.

Bed Sizes
    Name:  Attachment-12932.jpe
Views: 9833
Size:  43.7 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast