Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Beeswax....Just so ya know!

  1. #1
    Kas
    Kas is offline
    Super Member Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Posts
    1,994
    I was at Joann today and planned on getting some new beeswax to give it another try after the long thread on here. Well, it is .30cents cheaper in the quilting notions isle than the regular notions wall! The only difference is the color of the package. Why is that? Neither was on sale.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    7,881
    Blog Entries
    14
    Ha! That's funny!

  3. #3
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,916
    Blog Entries
    1
    It depends on the sku # I have a friend that works retail and light bulbs in the grocery section are more expensive than if you get them in the hardware aisle. The packages have different sku #'s on them, that's how they know where you got them!!!

  4. #4
    dforesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    308
    I found the same thing to be true at Hancock's with leather thimbles. They are 14.00 in the quilting notions section and 12.00 in the regular notions ... for the exact same product, same packaging and everything. Do they think quilters are stupid? It really offended me and I asked about it once and was told it "depends on when the shipment arrived." That didn't make sense to me at all.

  5. #5
    dforesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    308
    Okay, I can understand the SKU keeping tracking of which section you are buying from, but why would the price have to be different two aisles over for the exact same product?

  6. #6
    Super Member Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,452
    Quote Originally Posted by dforesee
    I found the same thing to be true at Hancock's with leather thimbles. They are 14.00 in the quilting notions section and 12.00 in the regular notions ... for the exact same product, same packaging and everything. Do they think quilters are stupid? It really offended me and I asked about it once and was told it "depends on when the shipment arrived." That didn't make sense to me at all.
    It is outrages , and thats why I go buy a pair of leather work gloves and just cut of the finger of one to use and that way I don't have to even brother with there over charging me.

  7. #7
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,916
    Blog Entries
    1
    Because the light bulbs in the grocery section are a convenience item. Convenience = higher price.

  8. #8
    Junior Member wenot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Deventer, the Netherlands
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Quote Originally Posted by dforesee
    I found the same thing to be true at Hancock's with leather thimbles. They are 14.00 in the quilting notions section and 12.00 in the regular notions ... for the exact same product, same packaging and everything. Do they think quilters are stupid? It really offended me and I asked about it once and was told it "depends on when the shipment arrived." That didn't make sense to me at all.
    It is outrages , and thats why I go buy a pair of leather work gloves and just cut of the finger of one to use and that way I don't have to even brother with there over charging me.
    What a great idea!!

  9. #9
    Super Member Pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,452
    Quote Originally Posted by wenot
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickles
    Quote Originally Posted by dforesee
    I found the same thing to be true at Hancock's with leather thimbles. They are 14.00 in the quilting notions section and 12.00 in the regular notions ... for the exact same product, same packaging and everything. Do they think quilters are stupid? It really offended me and I asked about it once and was told it "depends on when the shipment arrived." That didn't make sense to me at all.
    It is outrages , and thats why I go buy a pair of leather work gloves and just cut of the finger of one to use and that way I don't have to even brother with there over charging me.
    What a great idea!!
    Thanks it is so much cheaper and works every bit as well . :-D

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    granby MA
    Posts
    305
    I bought mine on line direct from the bee keepers it is about $1.00 to $2.00 a nice little block and it lasts forever

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.