Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Beginners

I just want to say that those of you who say you are beginners have been turning out very impressive work. When I started quilting 42 years ago I had never seen a real quilt. It was years before a took a class as they were few and far between. It was probably ten years before I actually met another quilter. Many of you have made masterpieces compared to my first thirty years of work. As a basically selftaught quilter I salute your speedy progress and wonderful accomplishments.

Now this is why I love this forum.....everyone is so encouraging, you can't help but want to do well!

Quote Originally Posted by daisyboo9
    Now this is why I love this forum.....everyone is so encouraging, you can't help but want to do well!
    Me too! Everyone is sooo wonderfull! And from a new quilter Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by daisyboo9
    I agree. It's wonderful here.

This is one of my favorite places to be.

Blog Entries
    Love the people here and all of the knowledge that is shared...you can't help but learn many new things every day :D:D:D

I am a beginner about to start my first quilt class next month. I am so lucky to have found this forum. I've spent this month collecting the supplies you recommend and absorbing your advice. I can't wait to be able to post my first quilt so you guys can see what you've helped create!

I have been sewing for some time but only flip and sew baby quilts and turning twenty throws. Wanting to explore more I ordered the book recommended by Klue. She said she could not part with that book.
    Well....all of you beginners order "Complete Guide to Quilting" Better Homes and Gardens. It is wonderful...So much instruction with illustrations. I am reading the thing like a novel! I got mine off Amazon for under $12-$14 which included the shipping. best purchase I have made.