Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bendable Light for Sewing Machine

Yuck---I have that light and I attached mine with sticky velcro.....my thought was I could attach it to other machines easier. Anyway, I hate the light----much too bright in one small spot of work space---bending it to the right place is too time consuming----doesn't always stay bent---in the wrong line of vision for me----I just don't like it. Anyone want a cheap $40.00 sewing machine light???
    hehehehehe :)

Quote Originally Posted by milkbone
    Yuck---I have that light and I attached mine with sticky velcro.....my thought was I could attach it to other machines easier. Anyway, I hate the light----much too bright in one small spot of work space---bending it to the right place is too time consuming----doesn't always stay bent---in the wrong line of vision for me----I just don't like it. Anyone want a cheap $40.00 sewing machine light???
    hehehehehe :)
    Alas ... someone who thinks the same as I.
    Although, I will say that mine has always stayed put .... til I knock it accidentally, though I can't blame it for that! :)

I have one on my machine and love it. It doesn't take up any space on the table and is bright. The only problem I have is that there are no replacement bulbs. Once it goes out (and there is no warning, it just stops working) you have to buy a whole new light. Kind of dumb but I still love it and am on my 2nd one. First on lasted about a year. 2nd one is older than that so I guess it may die any day now....uh oh...

Blog Entries
    i have 2 of these at each machine. i drill a hole for them to set in. they are $15.
    phyllis nm

http://www.officemax.com/office-furn...ct-prod3300097

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
    i have 2 of these at each machine. i drill a hole for them to set in. they are $15.
    phyllis nm

http://www.officemax.com/office-furn...ct-prod3300097
    I have one of those and find that the gooseneck flops down! So I keep a chunk of wood in it to keep the spring tight to prevent that.

Blog Entries
    Yes I have two. One on my sewing machine and one on my longarm. Couldn't quilt without them now! :-)

OMG YES!!!! I have one. Do a google search, I got mine (brand new) for $25 but I can't remember where.

community benefactor granny_kee's Avatar
    I also have one on my sewing machine and want one for the serger. Sure does help these "old" in years and "young" in spirit EYES--hee,hee. Do love this board !!!don't often write and have never sent pictures. One of these days I will get brave. Thanks to all of you.

The bulb keeps burning out in my sewing machine, so I bought one of these lights. It works great but the bright light does cause glare. I've found that I can move the light just to the side of the needle and the "side light" works great and doesn't tire my eyes. The stuck-on base that the light goes into is sometimes a concern - the light falls out when I move it. I'm thinking about replacing the base with velcro - just put the matching piece on the bottom of the light. Other than that, I love it.

I have the bendable light attached to my machine....abd I don't always use it but when I need it, it is there...and it is wonderful.

Expecially when one is working on Black or dark colors.....

It was worth every penny of the $40. I paid.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast