Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bendable Light

Hint for those of us with older eyes and vintage machines: my 99 threads left to right and the light on her isn't much help. I hold the bendable light in the harp area and shine the light toward the needle. The eye really shows up and makes it easier to thread. Hope this helps someone else.

Oh, I have that problem too. I purchased a light with a magnifier on it..LOL

LOL.. I used to use my bendable magnifing light to thread mine!!! Best thing about the machine I have now ( brother) it has a Theader!!!! OMG.. thats nice.. I used to have my 80+ y/o MIL come over and thread my machien for me!!!

I have learned to use my needle threader. I was having operator problems. After a lot a practice, I'm fine.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Numa
    Hint for those of us with older eyes and vintage machines: my 99 threads left to right and the light on her isn't much help. I hold the bendable light in the harp area and shine the light toward the needle. The eye really shows up and makes it easier to thread. Hope this helps someone else.

I have those bendable lights on all my machines!! Love them. Definitely helps these 'ol eyes.