Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernette 680 >

Bernette 680

Bernette 680

Old 04-30-2011, 02:38 PM

I was going through my favorite Goodwill this morning and found a very clean Bernette 680 with the manual, cover and most accessories. I got it for $9.25 but there is a small problem, it did not come with the power cord/foot pedal combo and I am having trouble finding it online. Do any of you have any suggestions as to where I can find this cord? This machine has no nicks or dents or marks on it and even has the little felt thingys on the thread spools and they are still white but no cord/foot pedal. I hate to think that I threw away $9.25.
Oh, and I found a bolt of l00% cotton material with flowers that will make a wonderful 4-patch posey quilt and the material goes around the bolt 43 times so there will be enough to make a quilt. This cost for the whole bolt was $l.25.
This is a great store and I never come out without a treasure.
Thanks ladies and hope you can give me suggestions on where to find this cord/foot pedal.
doglover
Old 04-30-2011, 02:53 PM

Contact the Bernina company, you should be able to get a phone number on their website.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:56 PM

I often wonder just how people misplace/lose the power cords to the machines I've seen at Goodwill and other places...
Old 04-30-2011, 03:04 PM

Did you check ebay?
Old 04-30-2011, 03:06 PM

I have no idea about the cord or pedal, but the whole roll of fabric for $1.25, wow!!!!! I wish I could find buys like those.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by pocoellie
I have no idea about the cord or pedal, but the whole roll of fabric for $1.25, wow!!!!! I wish I could find buys like those.
They usually only charge $.75 for a piece of material no matter how large or small it is and she said she was sorry but she just could not charge just $.75 for this bolt of material. I got a little scared and then she said she would have to charge $l.25, I almost fainted right there in the front of the store.
They go by the Goodwill chart and if the item is not on the chart, they make up their on price.
I got a Longaberger picnic basket there with the cloth and plastic lining, wooden shelf and still had the little ceramic tree on it. It looked like it had never been used. the price $7.25.
Love that store.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM

You could post an ISO ad on sewitsforsale
Old 04-30-2011, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Try contacting the guy at this website:
http://www.sewingmachineparts.net/cords.html
Old 04-30-2011, 04:42 PM

For my regular Bernina it takes just a simple power cord. But for the smaller machine it is combined with the foot pedal & the power cord which is such a drag. I have my sisters machine here waiting for me to repair it WHEN she finds her power cord! LOL so you are not the only one looking for one. For $9.25 I'd say you got quite a steal. Our Goodwills are not so greatly priced. I've went in there twice now & was really disappointed with their prices. Maybe check your local dealer for a pedal, they may have extras. It's worth a try
Old 05-01-2011, 04:53 AM

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions on finding a cord and pedal for my new sewing machine. I will go to the one dealer in town tomorrow and check with them. I tried e-bay and they didn't have one but will try again. I spent all day yesterday on the internet looking and failed. Even the Bernia website was no help but will call them tomorrow.
Again thanks for your help.
doglover