Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina 1230 help

Bernina 1230 help

I have a B 1230 which is regularly serviced and used. About a month ago my bulb went out so I purchased a new one and installed today. It still won't work. Also, the reverse sewing button no longer works. I am ready to take the back off the machine and look around. Any advice appreciated!

Power Poster
    If you still have a warranty, you void the warranty if you do any maintenance yourself on a Bernina.

It's possible that the light switch failed, not the bulb. It could just be bypassed in the wiring and be on when the machine is on. Try the yahoo group "Berninathirtysomethings", there are a couple of techs on there that give advice.

Blog Entries
    I have the 1260 and the bulb has to be a Bernina bulb for it to work. A different voltage bulb will work but not good for the machine. It could be affecting the power system of the machine if you use the wrong bulb. I can't find the right voltage/watt bulb for it other then Bernina brand. My machine has two bulbs at the needle.
    Got fabric?