Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina 150 QE- can I get an embroidery package????

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    2 questions:
    I have this Bernina and love it. I've been wanting to learn machine embroidery but have no idea if you need a separate machine or if I can buy something to add on. I don't want to buy another machine that does lots of other things as I don't need it. Does this make sense???
    Is there such a thing as just an embroidery machine??
    Thanks for any info!

I have a friend that has a Bernina and she purchasd the embroidery unit separate. I can't tell you what model it was but maybe their web site can answer the question for you. I am sure someone here can answer also. I usually check here first as everyone is so helpful here.

I'm sorry to tell you the 150 isn't capable of having embroidery added. From that era of Bernina's, the 165, 170, 180 and 185 had the optional embroidery module.

The closest Bernina from the current generation to your 150 would be the Aurora 430, and you can add an embroidery module to it. It's a wonderful machine!

See, I knew someone would be able to help you..

Blog Entries
    Yes, there are embroidery only machines. Look on http://www.AllBrands.com
    Make sure you get one that will accept a USB drive, not a card, and get the largest embroidery area you can afford! The embroidery only machines often have the hoop attachment on the right which is nice as it is easier to embroider on completed items.

Yes there is machines,make sure you do your home work.My machine is fine but iam very limited I cant say I was taken,but Iam very unhappy because I didnt ask enough questions