Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 440 QE >

Bernina 440 QE

Bernina 440 QE

Old 10-20-2010, 07:09 PM

After listening to all of you happy 440 owners, I may give my embroidery module another try.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:56 AM

Just used the BSR yesterday to practice quilting.I'll never be expert, but I'm way better using the BSR than I would be without it.Love my Bernina,she's a Lady :thumbup:

Originally Posted by mms61371
I have the Bernina 430 with the BSR and embroidery module. Someone traded it in and I received an incredible deal on it. I love, love, love my machine. I used to have a brother for my first machine. It helped make some beautiful quilts, but I wouldn't trade my Bernina for anything.
x
Old 10-21-2010, 10:21 AM

I found out when you use the module you really need to put lots of stabilizer on it , if you don't things just don't work out right , one of my friends has a singer , she has the same problems so use lots of stabilizer
Old 10-21-2010, 12:53 PM

I KISS my Bernina 440QE every time I use it. It's the best for quilting, particularly when you use the special 1/4 inch foot. I've never had such great seams on a quilt until I used the Bernina and the foot (quilt made to into Quilt magazine). It's also a workhorse. It will sew through thicknesses that are unbelievable. Love it for those reasons and all the other things I learned in my Bernina classes I took at the dealer's store.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:56 PM

Love the BSR but it will quilt small pieces like the best long arm too, love it.
Originally Posted by RST
Love mine, and have had no buyers remorse whatsoever, even though I tend to be a cheapskate.

Not everyone loves the BSR for free motion quilting, but I do.

Be aware going in that all the accessories and extras are pricey too. Bobbins cost a lot, the feet are expensive, replacement parts are shocking. But it's a very high quality machine, well designed and well made, and it should last you for years.

RST
Old 10-28-2010, 11:42 AM

I have the Bernina 440 with the embroidery module....it's wonderful...and you get classes with it and as many as you need.......
Rena K
Old 10-28-2010, 12:30 PM

oooh 440 owners, i drool over this machine from a distance. i've been coveting this machine since this last january, and saving my pennies for it. i've been 'hinting' strongly to my husband that this would make a great Christmas gift. :)
meanwhile i'm saving my pennies. i WILL have a 440 or up one fine day! :)
i too wish that it had a larger arm space as well as a low bobbin indicator, but for all the rave i've been reading on this machine, i would settle in a heart beat.
i've been watching ebay, and am considering maybe purchasing from there.
i wouldn't get warranty, or classes, but i don't live in an area where i would benefit from these anyways. as much as i would love those classes!
also i noticed that some people have purchased the 440 2-4 years ago, and it's still such a sought after machine. that goes to show that this machine is worth it.
cant' wait until the 440 lives here! :)
a
Old 10-28-2010, 04:50 PM

[quote=annabanana]i've been watching ebay, and am considering maybe purchasing from there.
i wouldn't get warranty, or classes, but i don't live in an area where i would benefit from these anyways. as much as i would love those classes!

If you haven't done so already, consider joint the Yahoo Group called "Sew It's For Sale". You can get some good prices on machines, accessories, etc. and you can post a want ad for your dream machine.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:09 PM

[quote=shirlm]
Originally Posted by annabanana
i've been watching ebay, and am considering maybe purchasing from there.

If you haven't done so already, consider joint the Yahoo Group called "Sew It's For Sale". You can get some good prices on machines, accessories, etc. and you can post a want ad for your dream machine.
oh neat, i'll have to look into it. thanks. :)