Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bernina 741 - am I a moron?

Ack, I was just cruising Craigslist and made an impulse buy: a Bernina 741, cabinet, feet, etc. from the original owner. It was a great price, but now I'm having palpitations about whether I was an idiot to buy it sight unseen. I go on a road trip to pick it up tomorrow. Does anyone have any comments about this machine? Or about impulse buying? Any good stories would be appreciated.

I wouldn't call yourself that! I'm just the kind that I have to see it first, so for me I couldn't have bought it sight unseen. I do "prowl" the CL in my area but unless they include an actual photo I won't even read the "tempting" ad.

I do hope it all works out good. Please update us when you get it and try it out. Not every story has a bad ending. :-)

Blog Entries
    That is quite an impulse, and I sure hope it's a good buy for you. Getting a cabinet and lots of feet with it sounds wonderful. Bernina's are known for beautiful stitching. Can't wait to see what you make with it. :D

As long as you pare picking it up personally, you will have a chance to try it and make sure is for real. You can always change your mind at the spot. Make sure you test it, and don't go alone to pick it up.

Bernina's are great machines, you're likely looking at a good tune up, but I'm guessing you'll be happy.

I hope it works out for you and it is on the up-and-up.

Keep us posted. I'm sure it will be fine.

Blog Entries
    keep us posted

Blog Entries
    Oh no, you will find out in a few more hours

Craftybear

Quote Originally Posted by Chay
    Ack, I was just cruising Craigslist and made an impulse buy: a Bernina 741, cabinet, feet, etc. from the original owner. It was a great price, but now I'm having palpitations about whether I was an idiot to buy it sight unseen. I go on a road trip to pick it up tomorrow. Does anyone have any comments about this machine? Or about impulse buying? Any good stories would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    I bought every one of my machines on impulse! Had palpitations too but got over them really quickly. You will too! Have fun with your machine!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast