Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina 830 bobbins

Has anyone found a solution for storing the Bernina 830 bobbins. They won't fit into anything I have.

Power Poster
    What do they look like? I've never seen one but my extra bobbins fit into the "barbie case" shelf for my Bernina. I do sometimes use a M&M plastic case to store extra ones or a lipstick clip case. Can you store them on top of the thread as some people do? They use a long golf tee and put it through the bobbin and through a spool of theard to keep them togther.

I store the five that came with my machine in the accessory box, then extras that I've bought came in a nice little plastic stackable case. I keep them in that to reduce moving around and rubbing the silver off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
    I store the five that came with my machine in the accessory box, then extras that I've bought came in a nice little plastic stackable case. I keep them in that to reduce moving around and rubbing the silver off.
    That's exactly what I do!

I purchased a Bead Storage System from JoAnn's that has 12 individual round storage containers in a flat box. The lid itself is not hinged but being able to put each bobbin in a round container helps. Also keeps bobbins from becoming unwound and all tangled up.

mltquilt

Someone on a yahoo group said a Simplicity storage box of some sort... For just a few dollars, you can add a row of 5 bobbins to the Bernina standing case

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    Someone on a yahoo group said a Simplicity storage box of some sort... For just a few dollars, you can add a row of 5 bobbins to the Bernina standing case

Yup, Joannes's has the Simplicity Box but I just use the storage cases my bobbins come in from Bernina. I just keep them in my drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    :oops: my Bernina case is too full of feet..... I need a bigger case!