Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina 830 vintage or Janome Magnolia 360?

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Bernina 830 vintage or Janome Magnolia 360?

If you had to make a decision between the vintage Berina 830 with case, clean, with all parts for $350 or the new Janome Magnolia 360 for $365, no case, which would you choose, honestly?

Thanks.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Wouldn't even have to think twice or for longer than 2 seconds. The 830. I saw one today for sale at my dealership. $695. $350 is a great price and much lower than I see them sell for.

I know nothing about Janome, but I do know vintage Berninas, and I'd go with the 830 Record in a heartbeat! That's a great price for an iconic machine. You would not be unhappy with it.
    Dorothy in PA

I have both an older Bernina and a new Janome 6600P...I love them both but given the choice you have, I would definitely go with the Bernina...they're like the Energizer bunny...
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Jan... reading the above coments is the reason I hold on to my Bernina 830 Record... great machine
    I purchased it in the 70's

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.

I own an older Bernina and a new Janome. I love them both, but I have to say I think I "trust" the Bernina more. It's been going strong for years and has never let me down. Just haven't developed the trust in the Janome yet, but I've had it almost a year and haven't had one problem. I think they are both good machines. The price on the Bernina you talk about sounds like a great deal..
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

I have the Bernina 930, the 830's big sister. The Janome can't even begin to be compared to the 830. It is a work horse, that will keep on sewing, long after the plastic Janome has quit. They are going up in value. I am really suprised that you even found one. Get off line and go buy it.