Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina Artista 180?

I have a chance to buy a Bernina Artista 180 Special Edition 2000
    with embroidery unit for $1000. What questions should I be asking? Is this a good price? Are there other components/software/etc that I will need? Can I even buy things for this machine anymore/

I have a Bernina and love it but it doesn't connect to my PC. I believe this model does. Anyone own one and want to educate me about this machine?

Thanks in advance!

I have one and love it. It does connect to the computer but you do need Artlink to be able to get your designs. It is a workhorse and would last forever. The price is very reasonable.

You will also need the USB cord. It usually comes with the artlink. Oh very important ... Make sure your computer's version program (IE windows vista, ect.) on your computer is compatable with the program!

The 180E is a great machine, I bought mine new in 1999 and the embroidery is as good today as the day I bought it.
    Make sure it has been serviced, if the machine has had any upgrades, mine has been upgraded to 4 MB. There will be a sticker on the module if it has. My Artlink was upgraded to 4.04, my dealer said thats as far as it goes.
    I use a PES2-Card connected to my computer, and use CD's and write the designs to a blank design card.
    I'm sure you will be pleased with this machine.
    If the seller is a dealer, make sure the machine is cleaned and serviced before your purchase it. :thumbup:

Good price, great machine. Someone mentioned Artlink - I got mine supplied by my dealer. Dealer support at my store is fantastic. And I absolutely love my embroidery module. I have a 430 I bought in June of last year, and have put over 5,000,000 stitches on it, runs like a charm.

Blog Entries
    Did you get this machine? I bought one used this past spring and have pretty much only used it for stippling at this point. I love the machine, it doeas beautiful FMQ.