Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina Embroidery problem - not calibrated right? >

Bernina Embroidery problem - not calibrated right?

Bernina Embroidery problem - not calibrated right?

Old 12-28-2014, 11:35 AM

Default Bernina Embroidery problem - not calibrated right?

I need some help. I'm in the middle of embroidering a name of a quilt. I stuck my head in to see how it was going and the last letter isn't going to fit in the hoop. I'm guessing I didn't or it didn't get calibrated right at the beginning?

Any idea how I can fix this? I though about unhooping and moving but I'm afraid to touch it yet.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

If the portion that's stitching out has reached the end of the 'embroiderable' area of your hoop, you will have no choice but to rehoop. I would slow down the speed to the lowest it can go and watch it like a hawk so it doesn't try and stitch on the hoop and ruin your machine. Stop it at the end of a letter. Use some sort of marking tool to mark where the hoop is before removing it. rehoop, using the markings to get it aligned. Set up a new embroidery design with the missing letters, then fiddle with the positioning to get the rest of it embroidered.
Two things for the future: Read your manual and find out how to find the 4 corners of your design. You should do this before you start stitching to see where the design will stitch in the hoop. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER leave your machine unattended when you are embroidering! find a hand project to do, or something else very close by where you have eyes and ears on the machine.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:43 PM

Thanks. Yes, I've already chewed myself out. I now see the importance of calibrating before I start. I've done it this way before without any problems. I think I just got lucky. Anyway, thanks again. I think I'll just go ahead and rip it out and start over.