Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina machine owners

Bernina machine owners

Looking to possible upgrade my berina 153. anyone know of what to get that uses the same feet as my 153 and what model to try for. dont want to spend alot of money but would like to upgrade???

As far as I know the Bernina 153 has the new style feet, so as long as you upgrade to a newer machine than the 153 your feet should still work.

Contact your local Bernina dealer and ask them if your feet will work on a newer machine. While you are at it, ask them if they have any gently used machines. You just might score a big bargain!

Why are you looking to upgrade? Are there specific features you're looking for?

Yes, the 153 feet are the 'new' style. Be aware that one of the most regretted 'trade-ins' of all is the Bernina 153, so if you can upgrade and still keep the 153 as a back-up machine, you might want to consider doing so. If you must sell it, think about selling it privately. You'd probably get a better price than from the dealer. They go for about $1,000, used.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

I absolutely adore my Bernina 153QE. I can't imagine trading her in for anything.

I have decided if I get a new machine I am keeping my bernina for backup.

I have my 153 QE and also my 1977 Record 830... but very nice machines feet also inter-changeable

Judy in Phx, AZ

What year did the 153 comeout? I am thinking about buying another machien to have a second machine adn my friend has a Bernina 153QE she likes but she bought it used so doesn't knwo when they were made. Anyone know? I just bought a new Bernina 230 for $699 so I hate to pay more that much for something tht is fairly old. Or arent they that old? UI have been watching for a deal on ebay but don't want to pay that much for one when I could buy another one like I ahve for cheaper. Does anyone had a 145? Anyone know how old they are? Are they older or newer than the 153? I am also interested in that machine. Would appreciate your input.

To the best of my knowledge, the Bernina 153QE came out in 2001...at least that's the date on my owner's manual.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".